Beginning Fused Glass
$200 includes projects, firing and handouts
Whether you are an experienced artist looking for a new medium or someone who has wanted to adventure into art glass for the first time, this is the class for you!
You’ll make at least FOUR projects using fun, interesting techniques
(includes projects, firing and handouts).
You will learn everything covered in ABC's of Glass Fusing PLUS:
- What is Fusible Glass?
- Compatibility, what is COE, volume control- the “6mm rule”
- Effects of temperature: Tack, Contour, Full Fuse, Slump
- About the different types, forms, and uses of glass such as frit, powder, and
- glass stringers
- How to cut glass and use nippers, grozers and files
- How to design and assemble your piece
- We’ll practice safely using glass tools.
You’ll learn how to use transparent glass in suncatchers to bring color into your home. Learn to use opal and specialty glass for a special “pop” to your beautiful pieces.
Projects choices are fun and functional pieces
Feel free to bring your own beverages (please have a lid for your cup).
This is a friendly, casual event- please wear comfortable clothes (bringing a sweatshirt is a great idea), sneakers/shoes that cover you whole foot.
All attendees are charged the class fee regardless of whether they create a project. No spectators or additional attendees are permitted.
Questions? Just call Lucie- I'm happy to help!
- 5 miles south of Stoughton WI,
- 10 miles west of Edgerton
- 20 miles north of Janesville
Lucie Arendt's Glass Studio at Lucie Art llc
49 Danks Rd, Stoughton, WI 53589